And Here We Have the Elusive Bellydancer!

One of my favorite pastimes has been to takeover the local YMCA's dance studio for an afternoon. I love to hunker down for an hour or two with my iPod and my bellydance swag bag. The studio is wonderful. It has a perfect sound system, an ample amount of mirrors, lighting and fans, and excellent wood floors. There's only one slight downside. While one side of the studio is a set of second-story windows, the other side is also windows - facing the hallway and the windowed kid's center. The result is that I inevitably hear little banging sounds coming from the hall window while I'm dancing. The first day it happened I looked over to see four little kids with their hands and foreheads pressed up against the glass. I'd become a bellydancer in a fishbowl. I've gotten used to it though. Anyway, it's even more entertaining when the sword comes out. Once I heard a little boy yell, "Woah! Dad, can I get one of those?" Somehow I don't think he'll be getting that from Santa this year.