Three weeks ago my friend saw the mini version of my niece that I crocheted and asked if she could have her own goth version. And three weeks later I'm finally done!
I also managed to finish up Moko the cat (whose pattern is free and can be found at Baghi's blog.):
So after I finished up these guys I decided that it was time to experiment with food. Somehow I got it in my head that I was going to make fruit sushi. I dug out the sushi mat, looked up a few videos on how to roll it, and went out to get my filling. Every site I looked at said that white rice wasn't sticky enough to make a roll, but despite popular opinion I was convinced I could make it work. ... I couldn't. Here was the end result:
But I greatly enjoy the old saying that from failure comes success.
I'll be off Saturday, as I'm heading to Minnesota (for real this time) to go a renaissance festing with the belly dancers. Guaranteed there will be many photos of dancers, good and gut-wrenchingliny horrible costumes, wenches, and men flinging mud. For now, I leave you with this photo from last year, which I think adequately demonstrates the effectiveness of corsets.






